- Get names and contact information of any drivers involved and any witnesses present
- Take pictures of the accident scene and cars involved
- Call the police to have the accident officially recorded
- Get a copy of the doctor’s diagnosis of your injuries and keep track of any medical expenses
- Do not talk to the taxi cab company’s insurance provider until you've discussed your case with a lawyer
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Taxi Cab Accidents – Know Your Options
At any given time in Las Vegas, there are countless taxi cabs lining the streets. The number of cabs on the roads greatly increases the likelihood that these vehicles will be involved in collisions. When taxi cabs are involved in accidents, victims have the right to file claims against the cab drivers and their employers.
If you were hurt in an accident caused by a negligent taxi cab driver, you can seek compensation under personal injury law. The claim you file will depend heavily on the type of accident that occurred and the extent of your injuries. Were you a pedestrian on the crosswalk? Were you hit from behind by a taxi cab? Were you a passenger in the crashed cab? Were your injuries minor or severe? Regardless of the specifics of your case, it is crucial that you talk to an attorney about your legal options as soon as possible.
If you are involved in a taxi cab accident, make sure you do the following:
Let our family take care of yours – call De Castroverde Law Group today to learn how you can seek justice for your injuries and losses.